SMNE is moving it’s website to smne.swimming.org.au – check it out now and bookmark the new page!
Our aim is to run competitive meets, development programs, train officials, support coach development and coordinate activities for swimmers in our local metropolitan area.
The SMNE competition structure encourages swimmers to compete at various levels in accordance with their own ability, to grow engagement and inclusion to create lifelong participation. The timing of our competitions aim to meet the needs of those swimmers wanting to obtain qualifying times for State and National Meets.
The benefits of competitive swimming:
- for our kids to learn to be disciplined, focused and dedicated
- for our kids to learn to take care of their body and equipment
- for our kids to learn to work with others and to be good team mates, gracious in defeat and humble in success.
- for our kids to learn to deal with disappointment, when they don’t get that placing or title they’d hoped for, but still they go back week after week giving it their best shot.
- for our kids to learn to make and accomplish goals.
- for our kids to respect, not only themselves, but other athletes, officials and coaches.
- for our kids to learn that it takes hours and hours, years and years of hard work and practice to create a champion and that success does not happen overnight.
- for those moments when our kids become so tired they want to quit but don’t.
- for those days when our kids come home from school and are “too tired” to go to their training but they go anyway.
- for our kids to be proud of small achievements, and to work towards long term goals.
- for the opportunity our kids have and will have to make life-long friendships, create lifelong memories, to be as proud of their achievements as we are.
- for the opportunities that swimming provides our kids with to develop attributes that will serve them well throughout their lives and give them the opportunity to bless the lives of others.