This year SMNE is trialling participation in the swim league as a development activity:
- SMNE National (A), Senior Area (B) and Junior Area Representative Squad (C) swimmers are encouraged to participate in for the Swim League. Ages will span 10 upwards.
- Other SMNE swimmers can also sign up to swim league via the link below, as long as they meet the eligibility criteria for swim league.
- SMNE swimmers do not have to join a development squad to participate in swim league
- There will be a strict limit on numbers!
- Sign up for the Swim League website at the link below.
- Swim League is not compulsory for our A, B and C swimmers, but we do encourage the swimmers to participate if they can. Do ask your coach first if you have any doubt.
How does it work?
- The first Swim league day in our area will be a Gala Day, open only to SMNE swimmers. On the day, swimmers will be split into 2 to 3x SMNE teams, who will compete against each other on the gala day for a place for their team in the Semi Finals against teams from other areas.
- The winning SMNE team from the Semi Finals will compete in the Finals at a later date. Losing teams do not progress. The main training outcome for the development squads from Swim Leagues is thus the gala day.
- The cost of participation in the Swim League is as follows:
- Swimmers will pay $35 for participation to cover Merchandise and the cost of the competition to Swim League, which is separate to any development squad payments. This amount is payable to the Swim League and will be collected via their website here. SMNE will not receive any of these funds
- SMNE is paying for the pool on the gala day.
- To sign on for the Swim league as a Development Squad member, or for more information click here.
- SMNE Gala day – open only to SMNE swimmers: 18 May 2019
- Semi Finals – winning SMNE team from the Semi finals: TBA
- Finals – semi finals winners will attend:TBA