SMNE is moving it’s website to smne.swimming.org.au – check it out now and bookmark the new page!
Training modules, notes and exercises
Students are recommended to review and in some cases obtain a copy of the relevant training module, notes and exercises. The full set of rules is probably unnecessary for beginners’ roles.
- SNSW Training notes (Both 1 and 2 are available here)
- SNSW Training exercises (Both 1 and 2 are available here)
- SAL Modules: these are the official ‘Swimming Australia Ltd’ learner guides. Most importantly each contains a registration form that must be completed and submitted to gain your accreditation. Your official presenter and assessor must both sign this, as should you. It is highly recommended that you retain a copy of the completed document at the time of submission because these have a habit of going missing.
- Swimming NSW Rules available for reference here. Probably only required reading for advanced technical officials.
All of these resources are available from the SNSW website (in 4 different places). Note: these documents have different owners and are updated at different times so their contents may on occasion be slightly misaligned. We recommend that you focus your study on the SNSW (not SAL) material because this is generally more up to date.
Some additional information is available here. Most of it is only suitable for advanced audiences, although the first part of the 2014 Marshalling presentation from John Williams will assist new students of that qualification.
Confused about what to print and study?
- SNSW Training notes – read this ahead of the course
- SNSW Training exercises – attempt ahead of the course and clarify questions at the course
- SAL Module Registration Page only (not the other pages) – get this page signed by your course tutor and make sure the SMNE Area Technical Coordinator receives a copy